Trump says there are no talks between US and Iran– www.washingtonexaminer.com
News Source
EXCERPT:
“There are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran,” the president wrote Tuesday on Truth Social. “The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect. The Hormuz Strait is open and operating. All water mines have been removed or detonated.”
The memorandum of understanding with Iran was initially signed in June at the Palace of Versailles in France, as Trump was wrapping up his attendance at the G7 summit. The agreement was meant to “instantly reopen” the Strait of Hormuz and“immediately lift” the U.S. naval blockade on all Iranian vessels.
But the 60-day deadline passed without either side agreeing on how to end the Iran war that began on Feb. 28.
On Monday, Trump signaled that no extension of the agreement would occur, although the ceasefire had already fallen apart between the two sides.
“Look, we’re in there for one reason: Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon, you understand that?” Trump told reporters while speaking in the Oval Office. “Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon, and they won’t have a nuclear weapon.”
He also told Fox News yesterday he has “no time schedule” and is “not in a hurry” to negotiate with Iran.

